Foam Concrete Advantages and Disadvantages
Russian president demanded that exports of Russian gas to "unfriendly" countries be settled in rubles. The demand has raised concerns in Germany about possible supply disruptions and the impact on industry and households if utilities do not pay in robles. Europe gets about 40% of its gas from Russia. Last year, Europe imported about 155 billion cubic meters. Germany, Europe's largest economy, depends heavily on Russian gas.
The chief executive of Germany's E.ON said the German economy would face "significant damage, which should be avoided if possible" without Russian supplies. He also said it would take Germany three years to wean itself off Russian gas.
In the event of a supply disruption, Germany's gas network regulator would prioritize home heating over industrial use, so energy-hungry manufacturers such as steelmakers would be the first to suffer, he said.
The volatile international situations will continue to affect the markets and prices of many commodities like the concrete foaming agent.
Foam Concrete Advantages
1. Foam concrete is a lightweight, easy-to-use, and easy-to-finish material. For home improvement projects, such as building decks or other areas on the property, foam concrete may be a wise choice.
2. Foam concrete has high freeze-thaw resistance.
3. It's unlikely to crack or snap easily. Many people use foam concrete in their homes, and structures built with it are very strong.
4. It will not be damaged by welding and grinding as well as cutting or chiseling. Although foam concrete may require some sharp tools (such as a hammer), it can withstand these cuts and grinds well without completely cracking.
5. Foam concrete structure has excellent load dispersion and distribution ability. It is very light and can withstand high load propagation.
6. Foam structure is flexible and easy to use.
7. The use of foam concrete in construction projects such as home improvement projects is very cost-effective and economical. Foam concrete does not have any smell like regular concrete, and its mixture can be mixed with any additives (such as colors, etc.) to create more attractive colors or other patterns that suit people's needs.
8. Foam concrete has high fire resistance.
9. It is well absorbent, meaning that foam concrete will not expand as a result of rain or other moisture that may be present in the surrounding air.
10. Foam concrete is waterproof and can easily withstand water.
11. It does not absorb water when exposed to moisture in the air, so when people use foam concrete to make structures on properties, they can avoid problems like rot and mold.
Foam Concrete Disadvantages
1. Compared with ordinary concrete, the mixing process of foam concrete is difficult.
2. Compared with ordinary cement or concrete, parts of foam concrete are harder to find and therefore more expensive.
3. It is difficult to mix and finish projects without the proper tools or equipment to support them. In addition, the pressure is lower when mixing foam concrete, so special equipment is needed to mix it to an acceptable density.
4. It is difficult to track the strength of the completed structure during the completion phase.
5. Since foam concrete is a mixture of different materials, it depends on each product (such as sand, cement, water, additives, etc.).
6. Due to uneven density during treatment, it may sometimes spread out and cause problems during the finishing or installation phases of these structures.
7. The compressive strength of foam concrete is lower than that of ordinary concrete.
8. Foam concrete is not resistant to acid, oil and grease, and other destructive substances. To protect it from these problems, a protective coating must be applied to the surface of the foam concrete prior to the use or installation stage.
What is Foam Concrete used for?
Foam concrete is fire-resistant and its thermal and acoustic properties make it ideal for a variety of applications, from floor and roof insulation to void filling. In addition, it is good for groove recovery.
Foam Concrete Strength
Foam concrete is a kind of multifunctional material, its strength depends on different cementing materials, cement dosage, mix ratio, water-cement ratio, foam volume, foaming agent, curing method, admixture, etc.
The dry density of foam concrete is between 400-1600kg/m3 and the compressive strength is between 1-25mpa.
Is foam concrete toxic?
Foam concrete does not contain toxic substances.
Concrete Additives Supplier
TRUNNANO is a reliable foaming agents supplier with over 12-year experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development.
If you are looking for high-quality CLC foaming agents, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (email@example.com)
We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union, and Paypal. TRUNNANO will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
As the Russia-Ukraine conflict continues to develop, there is growing concern about the potential disruption of Russia's energy supply. Geopolitical premiums have pushed up the price of crude oil and natural gas, and the energy price is expected to remain high in the short term. Affected by this, the market price of the concrete foaming agent may keep rising.